The heat was on Thursday at Cornerstone, and Friday may be even hotter. To help you beat the heat, here are some time-honored suggestions:
- Drink lots of water, then drink some more. To quote many a youth pastor, “drink enough so you have to pee.” Sounds obvious, but I know people who have missed their favorite bands from not drinking enough water. After satisfying hydration needs with water, a lemon or strawberry shake up is refreshing.
- Enjoy the shade, but don’t overheat in a tent without a breeze, either. You might even take a cue from some folks often found near The Asylum and pop open an umbrella for portable shade.
- If it’s your turn to fetch ice for your campsite, believe me that it is remarkably satisfying to carry it on your head.
- This might also be a good day to offer to make a run into Macomb for extra supplies…
- Stay positive, laugh about the heat, help a friend or a total stranger, and enjoy another great day at Cornerstone!