We’re waking up for our last day at Cornerstone 2011. Days like this always make me a little nostalgic, recalling epic shows or loonnnggg conversations with friends around campsites. I don’t think you can have been to Cornerstone more than once and not have tons of memories, unless you were at that Norman Jean show last night and got cracked in the head. haha
Yesterday, Main Stage MC John J. Thompson invited everyone to share some Cornerstone memories on Twitter. Here’s a little of what was shared there:
- SirRenofKath (Katherine Ottens): Waking up in a toga made of a Strawberry Shortcake sheet all day preparing for Flatfoot 56’s ’08 midnight TOGA PARTY
- beesax: The first year I went to Cornerstone a racoon ate all of my bread and also my tent got flooded from a thunderstorm
- joeljupp (Joel Jupp): Five Iron Frenzy… breaking a pinata filled with baked beans… ‘nough said.
- Slapogopher (Jordan Blackson): Got engaged last year to an amazing woman
- benjer712 (Daniel Schaaff): Meeting my wife!
- Dooglar (Doug Van Pelt of HM Magazine): Early Crucified shows at indoor stage at Grayslake. Stagehands dumped giant tubs of h2o on crowd, which turned to steam.
- Tugfork (Tug Fork River Band): Playing the Encore stage to a bunch of people completely covered in mud
I love hearing about all Cornerstone memories. What are your favorites – of the silly or serious variety? Post here or tweet it at #cstonememories